That is a great question! It really relates to everything we do in life. We are all newbies in one area or another. To be a newbie really just means that we are doing something that we have not done before. It is something that we know little about and it creates insecurity as we begin to work. And the question arises, “Whose information do I trust? There is so much information on the web that we are overwhelmed.
And Look At All Those Promises!
You can make money today!
Make $10,000.00 in your first 30 days!
You will find support here like nowhere else!
I will always be available when you need me!
I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. There is so much out there that as you are beginning, it is easy to throw up your hands and quit. Let me encourage you not to do that. You can make it as an internet Marketer and there are many good websites from which you can learn information. You just have to be careful where you look. Also you need to adhere to the old adage, “If it appears to be to good to be true, it probably is!”
Internet Marketing Has Rules Like Any Other Business!
If you are going to endeavor to make money online. You need to face some realities. Those who succeed in making money on the web understand that their online business is just as real as any brick and mortar enterprise. Therefore:
- It must have a good foundation! You must learn your trade before you are going to be successful.
- You will not make money overnight. At the beginning you may actually be investing rather than making income. However, you do not have to invest huge amounts of cash!
- The time you invest in your business will be as important as any monetary investment you make! At the beginning internet businesses do not run themselves. It will be your hands on activity that will make it grow.
- Make sure that you have a quality product or service that you will be offering to your customers. If not you will kill your business before it gets off the ground. It may take you longer to get started but if you develop your product or service before you launch your business you will reap great benfits. Don’t get the cart before the horse.
- Don’t quit your day job and expect to immediately support yourself with your new online business. Keep doing what you are doing until you know that you can replace your income with your new endeavor.
- Do not doubt that you can build a good income on the Web. You can do it if you have the grit and determination to prepare yourself for the responsibilities that come with starting a new business.
I truly believe you can build a solid income online but you must prepare and there are some things that you will need to get started on the right foot! We will talk about a few of those in our next post.
Keep Looking Up!