My First Efforts
When I first started on the internet, the learning curve if you wanted to build a webpage was overwhelming. You needed to understand HTML, you needed to find a way to put your page online, you needed to find a good program to build your webpage etc. and you needed to buy a domain name. These are just a few of the items with which you had to deal.
The result was that you either had to take the time to search for the items you needed or you could buy a cookie cutter website already created by someone who had them for sale. I slowly learned the basic rules of HTML and I found several programs (web editors) to help build the webpage. However, getting a page designed and online was a slow and tedious process.
The Easy Way (Not)
Because of the time involved In creating a webpage, I was attracted to the many offers of pre-made webpages. All you had to do was to make a purchase and put the page on your webhost and you were off and running. Or so it seemed. The sites were of a cookie cutter variety that was being bought by many other newbies on the net. The creators of such pages made money and the most creative probably got wealthy. However, in those early years I never got a return on my investment. There were many different ways that pages were marketed to beginning marketers but if you did not know how to get the page listed on the search engines your purchase was a waste of your time. I spent a great deal of money trying to be successful the easy way. I think you get the idea. If not send me a comment and I can go on and on.
What Do I Need to Do?
Becoming a successful online marketer in not easy but it is certainly not impossible. Anyone can become successful online if they are willing to put in the hours necessary for it to happen. The reason I mention the things in the first two paragraphs is because I do not want you to make the same mistakes I have made. Nor do I want you to waste your hard earned dollars. I know from experience it is too easy to waste lots of time and dollars if you do not begin properly.
- You need to make a decision… You need to decide that you are committed to building an online business. guarantee that ahead of you are going to be days where you will be very frustrated. There is a substancial leaning curve as a beginning marketer. If you do not have the determination to keep at it you will not succeed. There is no reason you cannot succeed if you make an unshakable committment before you begin to do the rest of the work. Make that decision right now before you do anything else.
- You need to decide on a your niche or your product. What you are going to market will determine how you will build your website and then how you are going present yourself and your website to the public. If you are planning to market a product with which you have already worked you can use the knowledge you already have to begin to develope your online business.
- You need to find a place to build your Website. There are so many webhosting services on the internet that choosing just one can be very confusing. However with a little research you will find that some are much better than others and the price can vary greatly according to what they offer. This is one of the most important decisions you will make. You do not want to spend hours building and adding content to a site and then have to move it or find that it is down more than it is available online.
- You will need to decide what format you will use to build your website. You can build a website using standard HTML if you have the knowledge to do that. Also you can use a tool like WordPress to build your website in a blog format. The flexibility of WordPress is very popular for building webpages.
- You need to purchase a domain name. We will discuss this in a following post, but you need to decide on a name for your business. Then you need to find a domain that relates the niche that you will be promoting.
This short list is not all that you will have to do but it will give you a good beginning to your quest for success at starting an internet business. Here at the Newbie Page, I want to help you simplify your work by giving you the instructions to build your site and helping you to find the best tools with which you can build.
Keep Looking Up!